Sunday, February 17, 2008

When "I am Jewish" is actually an alarm siren

As I posted previously, I was utterly concerned about the Sabeel conference in All Saints church in Pasadena. Today I discovered that my concern was justified. I didn't attend the 2 days conference, but I attended presentation of one of the lot. Her name was Anna Baltzer and she talked about her visit to Palestine. Mind you, not Israel, rather Palestine. She dedicates her efforts and energy to liberate the oppressed Palestinians from the cruel, discriminating and evil Israeli government. I went to the presentation sicker than a dog. I watched the heart wrenching DVD she sells to benefit the Palestinian cause. Everyone was a victim, they were uprooted by the vicious Zionist movement. Coyishly she said, " And no one can accuse me for being anti-Semitic because I am an American Jew.

I went to the presentation in Burbank; there were about eighty some attendees. A number of Middle Easterners, some Palestinians, most were Americans. I was the only Jew there. During the presentation I prepared a line of questions of which only one was dealt with and drew the reaction of a woman in the audience, " I am a Palestinian and if we wouldn't be here I'd kill you",she said.

The purpose of the event was to pass petitions among the attendees to request of their representatives in the Congress and the Senate to withdraw financial assistance from Israel and request to boycot businesses who deal with Israel.

" I am Jewish" represented a venomous weapon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent summary. You are quite brave.